Popular Posts

Friday, February 11, 2011

People portraits

 Formal portraits by
             Mary Singer




This is a wedding portrait done from 
the photos.I am able to make minor 
changes that really bring life to the canvas.

 Here I have put the subject together 
with her favorite pastime.
Both of these portraits are oil on canvas.
 Summer is captured here in pastels.  A beautiful child her innocence shines through .
 A formal wedding portrait I chose background colors that would truly compliment this bride.
 I was asked to do this one in pencil and I absolutely loved doing it . Pencil is the first medium I did portraiture in .
 There is some glare on the canvas but I worked from photos and again used background colors that would compliment the subject.
This is a colored pencil portrait on museum quality paper.
It was done for a woman who looks much like her ancestor whose picture of course was in black and white.







Below is an acrylic painting done on a watercolor canvas of Chief Sitting Bull. One of my favorite historical figures.
If you are interested in having a formal portrait done just go to my web site, email or call me for a price sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment